Is the Ice Maker Turned On?
Verify that the ice maker is turned on.
- If the water supply is not connected to water supply line turn the ice maker off.
If the Ice Maker remains on, and not connected to water supply the following could potentially happen:
- Ice Maker will continue to try to make ice causing a buzzing sound.
- Cause the refrigerator section to be too cold.
- Food in crisper drawers to freeze.
Ice Maker in the Freezer (on some models)
To turn the Ice Maker ON:
- Simply lower the wire shutoff arm.
To manually turn the Ice Maker OFF:
- Lift the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position and listen for the click.
NOTE: Your ice maker has an automatic shutoff. As ice is made, the ice cubes will fill the ice storage bin and the ice cubes will raise the wire shutoff arm to the OFF (arm up) position. Do not force the wire shutoff arm up or down.