The cups have not been preheated
Heat the cups by rinsing them with hot water.
This function is used to rinse the coffee spout or preheat the brewing unit if more than 2 minutes have passed since the machine was last preheated. Hot water from the rinse cycle can be used to preheat a small cup of coffee.
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the up and down arrow keys until “RINSING” is displayed. Press OK.
3. “OK to confirm” will be displayed. Press OK.
4. “Please wait...” and a progress bar will be displayed. 1 oz (30 mL) of hot water will run into the drip tray or the cup to be preheated.
NOTE: If desired, you can place a small cup beneath the coffee spout. The hot water will warm the cup. Empty the hot water before using the cup for coffee.
The brewing unit has cooled down
- 2-3 minutes have elapsed since the last coffee was made.
- Before making coffee, heat the brewing unit by selecting the Rinse function from the menu.
The set temperature is not high enough
Change the set temperature.
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the up and down arrow keys until “COFFEE TEMPERATURE” is displayed. Press OK.
3. Press the up and down arrow keys until the desired coffee temperature is selected: low, medium or high.
4. Press OK to confirm the temperature chosen.
5. Press MENU to exit the menu.
Scale has clogged the coffee heater
Descale the coffee system.
NOTE: Failure to descale the machine regularly can result in decreased product performance and may result in product damage.
CLICK HERE for more information on descaling.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.