Is the Clean light flashing?
Check the following if the Clean light is flashing:
- Is the overfill protection float able to move up and down freely? Press down to release.
- Be sure the water supply is turned on to the dishwasher. (This is very important following the new installation of your dishwasher.)
Is there foam or suds in the bottom of the dishwasher?
Check for foam or suds in the dishwasher. If foam or suds are detected by the dishwasher sensing system, the dishwasher may not operate properly or may not fill with water.
Suds can come from:
- Using the incorrect type of detergent, such as laundry detergent, hand soap, or dish detergent for hand washing dishes.
- Forgetting to replace the rinse aid dispenser cap after filling (or refilling) the rinse aid.
- Using an excessive amount of dishwasher detergent.
If suds are present:
- Use a plastic cup to scoop out as many suds as possible.
- Remove dishes from the dishwasher and add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil to the bottom of the dishwasher to suppress suds.
- Run a full cycle with no detergent or dishes.
- Follow with a full cycle; fill dispenser cups with detergent, but do not add dishes.
It is normal for the Clean light to stay on after the cycle is complete. The Clean light is an indication that the dishwasher has been run and the dishes inside it are clean. Once the door is opened after the cycle is complete, the light will shut off.
Cycle power to the control to reset the dishwasher:
Much like a computer, resetting the dishwasher control can sometimes solve the issues you are experiencing. To reset the dishwasher control panel, it needs to be disconnected from the power source for one minute. If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in. If the dishwasher is hard wired to the power supply, turn the breaker off at the home electrical panel that powers the dishwasher for one minute and then turn the breaker back on.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.