Energy Save is active (some models)
The product is in Energy Save mode.
The Energy Save feature places the control and clock into a sleep mode that reduces power consumption by deactivating the display when the product is not being used.
If Energy Save mode is activated, each time the product is idle for 5 minutes with only the time of day shown, the display will show the letters “ES” followed by “On” twice. The display will then be blank until a control key (e.g. Bake or Broil) is pressed or the oven door is opened. The control will then perform any of its operations in response to additional key presses.
Typical operation of the Energy Save function
To enter the Energy Save mode:
- The oven and control must be idle with the time of day shown on the display.
- Press and hold CLOCK for 10 seconds. The control will beep, and the display will show the letters “ES” followed by “On” twice. The display will return to the time of day.
To exit Energy Save mode:
- Press and hold the CLOCK key for 10 seconds. The control will beep, and the display will show the letters “ES” followed by “Off” twice. The display will return to the time of day.
- Press any key on the control to display the Time of Day.
See the “Electronic Oven Controls” section of your Use and Care Guide for more information.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Reset power to the product
If the "ES" display does not clear after trying the above, reset power to the product by doing the following:
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
- Monitor the oven for one (1) minute to ensure the error code does not display again.
- Verify oven operation.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.