Is the power supply connected correctly?
Make sure the power cord is plugged into a 3 prong outlet. A 115 Volt, 60 Hz., AC only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your refrigerator is provided.
- Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp, or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
Has the check circuit breaker or household fuse blown or tripped?
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet has tripped. If so, reset the circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt.
- If the refrigerator is on a fuse box, check to see if a fuse has blown and replace it, if necessary. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
Was the correct drain hose installed?
Verify the correct drain hose has been installed on the Ice Maker. A 10 ft. corrugated drain hose, must be used when installing the optional drain pump accessory kit. If the correct drain hose is not used it could cause the ice maker to not drain properly, which may cause the ice maker to turn off.
This accessory is available for purchase. Locate the accessories page in the menu above.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.