Cleaning or replacing removable grease filters:
Frequently remove and clean the filter(s) in the retractable section of the downdraft vent. This will improve the operating efficiency of the downdraft vent system.
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the vent hood is cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Turn off the vent hood before removing the filters.
- Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle and then pulling down the filter.
- Clean the filter in the sink with affresh® Kitchen and Appliance Cleaner, warm water and detergent, or in the dishwasher.
affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
Filters are replaceable:
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.
- Dry the clean filter(s) and reinstall, making sure that they lock into place.
- Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles are toward the front. Insert metal grease filter into upper track.
- Push up on metal filter and release handle to latch into place.
- Pull the spring release handle down.
Follow above procedure to replace grease filters.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.