How to Connect Your Jenn-Air Appliance with a Laptop or Tablet
All appliances with Keyboard touch screen LCD displays can be connected to the home router directly on the appliance keyboard touch screen displays.
For all other appliances you will need the following:
- The Smart Appliance ID (SAID) located on the SAID label.
- The Appliance MAC (Media Access Control) address, located on the SAID label.
- A laptop or tablet with a browser window.
- The ability to position yourself and your laptop or tablet close to the appliance
CLICK HERE for the SAID Locations
Step by Step Directions for Connecting:
- On your laptop or tablet look in your WiFi network settings for a network with the Appliance MAC address in the name …._88_E7_12_………. (if you don’t see it CLICK HERE)
- Select the WiFi network with your appliance MAC in it.
- You will be prompted to enter a passphrase. Enter the last 10 letters/numbers of your appliance SAID (should start with a 3 or a 4, and all upper case letters)
- Upon successful connection to the appliance network, open a browser window on the laptop or tablet and enter the following in the URL line 192.168.10.1
- On the web page select your home router name from the pull down list of local routers.
- On the web page enter your home router passphrase.
- On the web page select "Go" - at this point the appliance will disconnect from your laptop or tablet and attempt to connect to your home router. Close your browser.
- It may take up to two minutes for the appliance to connect to your home router and then the internet and the server. In order to see if the appliance successfully connected, go to your laptop or tablet WiFi network settings and see if the Appliance MAC address network name is present ….._88_E7_12_… If it is not in the list after several minutes then it has connected to the home router. If it is in the list the appliance failed to connect to the home router this is generally due to the home router passphrase being incorrectly entered.
- Now you will need to claim your appliance. CLICK HERE for the instructions
Need additional help?
If you need additional help with your connected appliances please contact us at .