How to clean you Jenn-Air built in coffee maker
Clean the brewing unit every month.
IMPORTANT: The brewing unit cannot be removed while the coffee system is switched on. Do not attempt to use force to remove the brewing unit.
- Make sure the coffee system is properly switched off. To turn off the coffee system, press the On/Standby button (F) on the front of the coffee system. “TURNING OFF Please wait...” will display, and hot water will run off from the coffee spout.
- Open the service door (A) on the front of the coffee system by pulling on the hot water and steam spout (B).
- Remove the drip tray (B) and the coffee grounds container (A).
- Press the two red release buttons (A) inward and pull the brewing unit (B) out.
- Soak the brewing unit in water for about 5 minutes, then rinse. NOTE: Do not use any detergent to clean the brewing unit. The inside of the piston is treated with lubricant that detergent would remove.
- After cleaning, reinsert the brewing unit so that the support (A) and the pin (B) at the bottom are fully engaged.
- Push the PUSH symbol until it clicks into place and the two red release buttons have clicked out.
NOTE: If you are having difficulty replacing the brewing unit, compress the moving parts from both the top and bottom as shown in the following illustration before reinserting it.
- Replace the drip tray and coffee grounds container.
- Close the service door.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.