Please see your Owner's Manual for specific information on your model, touch control models offer many different control options.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
NOTE: Elements will not glow red on all settings.
Which setting or feature is being used?
- Elements start and stop glowing when turned on because the cooktop elements cycle on and off to reach the right temperature.
- In low settings, such as Keep Warm, the elements do not glow but will still maintain the right temperature. This is part of the normal operation of the product.
- This also applies when using the warming or simmer feature.
- The warming or simmer area will not glow red.
CLICK HERE for information on using the warming or simmer feature.
Is only part of the Dual or Triple Element working?
The dual-size and triple-size elements (on some models) offer flexibility depending on the size of the cookware. Single size can be used in the same way as a regular element. The dual and triple sizes combine single, dual and outer elements and are recommended for larger cookware, large quantities of food, and home canning.
CLICK HERE for more information on.how to correctly set the dual-size and triple-size elements.
Has one or more elements stopped working during use?
- The surface cooking area may glow red when a heating element is ON.
- Some parts of the surface cooking area may not glow red when a heating element is ON.
- The warming or simmer area (on certain models) will not glow red.
- Radiant elements have a limiter that allows the element to cycle ON and OFF, even at the HI setting, to prevent damage to the ceramic cooktop. This is a normal operation.
- The radiant heating element retains enough heat when off to provide a uniform and consistent heat. The surface will still be hot even though the element has cycled OFF.
- Cycling at the HI setting is normal and can occur.
- If the element does not cycle back on remove utensil(s) and allow the cooktop to cool down for 30 minutes, then turn the element on again.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) or click below to schedule an appointment.