Clean or replace the grease filter
- Turn off the downdraft ventilation system before removing the filter.
- Remove vent grate then lift the filter out of the vent chamber.
- Clean the filter in the sink with warm water and detergent or in the dishwasher.
- Replace the filter. The filter should always be placed at an angle. If the filter is flat against the fan wall, ventilation effectiveness will be reduced.
Refer to the Owner's Manual for more detailed information.
What is the length of the vent system?
The length of vent system and number of elbows should be kept to a minimum to provide efficient performance.
The maximum equivalent length of the vent system is 60 ft (18.3 m). For altitudes above 4,500 ft (1372 m), reduce recommended vent run by 20% for best performance.
Was the correct vent material used?
- Use 26-gauge minimum galvanized or 25-gauge minimum aluminum metal vent. Poor quality pipe fittings can reduce airflow. Flexible metal vent is not recommended.
- NOTE: Local codes may require a heavier gauge material.
- Metal duct may be reduced to 30-gauge galvanized steel or 26-gauge aluminized steel if allowed by local codes. This reduction is based on information in the International Residential Codes Section M1601.1 (2006 edition).
How many elbows were used?
- Use no more than three 90° elbows.
- Do not install 2 elbows together. Make sure there is a minimum of 18" (45.7 cm) of straight vent between the elbows if more than one elbow is used.
- If an elbow is used, install it as far away as possible from the hood’s vent motor exhaust opening.
- Elbows too close together can cause excess turbulence that reduces airflow.
- Do not use a 5" (12.7 cm) elbow in a 6" (15.2 cm) or 3¼" x 10" (8.3 x 25.4 cm) system.
Follow the instructions below for best performance:
- Do not reduce to a 5" (12.7 cm) system after using 6" (15.2 cm) or 3¼" x 10" (8.3 x 25.4 cm) fittings.
- Avoid forming handmade crimps. Handmade crimps may restrict airflow.
- Use a vent cap for proper performance. If an alternate wall or roof cap is used, be certain the cap size is not reduced and
- that it has a back draft damper.
- Use vent clamps to seal all joints in the vent system.
- Use caulking to seal exterior wall or roof opening around the cap.
Verify the downdraft ventilation system is installed correctly:
Refer to the Installation Instructions for more detailed information.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.