Cleaning Ceramic Glass Cooktops
Cleaning your Jenn-Air Ceramic Glass Cooktop
- Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off.
- Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- To avoid damage to the cooktop, do not use steel wool, abrasive powder cleansers, chlorine bleach, rust remover or ammonia.
affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
Follow the below three steps to clean your glass cooktop surface and/or remove burnt-on food, food residue, or stains.
STEP 1: Remove food/residue with a scraper designed for a ceramic glass cooktop.
- For best results, use a scraper while the cooktop is still warm but not hot to the touch. It is recommended to wear an oven mitt while scraping the warm cooktop.
- Hold the scraper at approximately a 45° angle against the glass surface, and it might be necessary to apply pressure in order to remove the residue.
- Allow the cooktop to cool down before proceeding to Step 2.
STEP 2: Apply a few dime-sized drops of affresh® cooktop cleaner / ceramic glass cooktop cleaner to the affected areas.
- Rub the affresh® cleaner onto the cooktop surface with the blue cooktop scrubbing pad. Reasonable pressure is needed to remove stubborn stains.
- .Allow the cleaner to dry to a white haze before proceeding to Step 3.
- affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
STEP 3: Polish with a clean, dry cloth or a clean, dry paper towel.
- Repeat Steps 1 – 3 as necessary for stubborn or burned-on stains.
For more information, watch the following video: