How do I Clean my Jenn-Air Griddle?
Following the instructions below will allow you to properly clean your chrome infused griddle. It will help maintain its appearance and performance characteristics without damaging the surface.
Cleaning Items Needed:
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 non scratch pad/sponge
- 1 Multi-purpose pad holder designed for griddle cleaning or a long wooden spoon to protect your hands.
- 2 clean terry cloth towels
- 1 microfiber cloth
Important: Do not use soap, abrasive materials or cleaning chemicals, including stainless steel cleaner, to clean the chrome griddle as these may damage the griddle surface.
- Prior to cleaning the griddle, be sure all cooktop burners have been turned off and the oven controls have been locked.
- For best results, clean the griddle shortly after removing the food.
- Set the temperature to 300°F and wait 10-15 minutes.
- Using a measuring cup, pour up to 1 cup tap water over the soiled area starting at the back allowing the water to run toward the drip tray in the front. Allow the water to bubble on the griddle for 3-4 seconds.
- Use a pad holder or wooden spoon with the non-scratch pad to clean the soiled area, moving the residue and water to the drip tray at the front. It will be necessary to apply pressure on soiled areas. For heavy soils, it may be necessary to repeat this process.
- Fold a damp towel and with the pad holder or wooden spoon, go over the griddle to remove remaining residue.
- Turn the griddle off and allow it to cool, approximately 10 -15 minutes.
- Once cool, wipe the griddle with a clean, damp towel followed immediately by buffing it with a microfiber cloth. If streaking, rainbowing or ghosting occur, use a mixture of 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water on a towel to wipe the griddle.
- Once cool, remove the drip tray to empty. Clean the drip tray with warm soapy water. Wipe the area under the drip tray clean. Once dry, put the drip tray back in position.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.