Is Microwave Heating?
To test if the microwave is heating:
- Place one cup (250 mL) of water on the turntable
- Start the microwave oven for 1 minute on the HI setting (100% Power)
If heat rise is detected, the microwave is heating.
Is the microwave connected to an alternate power source?
If your unit is plugged into an inverter or some other power source (for example, an inverter or generator), the power provided might be enough for the lights and the controls but not the heating source. Plug the unit in a wall outlet and try again.
Check the Controls
Check to make sure you are using the correct controls for the type of dish you are heating. Heating at a decreased power level may take the food longer to heat.
CLICK HERE for additional information on changing the power level
CLICK HERE to watch a video on changing the power level
Check for Error or Display Codes
If your microwave has an error code displayed, see below for additional information.
- "LOC" or "L" : Indicates the control lock is on or enabled. CLICK HERE for more information on Control Lock
- Demo Mode: The Demo Mode is ideal for learning how to use the microwave oven. When set, functions can be entered without actually turning on the magnetron. The microwave oven light will come on, the fan will run and if on, the turntable will rotate. CLICK HERE for more information on how to set Demo Mode
- A different error code? If your microwave is displaying a different error code, please refer to your Owner's Manual for additional information.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.