How to Use the Defrost Feature on your Jenn-Air Microwave
Defrosting in your microwave is an easy task. Follow the guide below to learn how to use this feature on your microwave.
- Press DEFROST.
- Press the appropriate number keypad from the Defrost Chart to select the desired defrost option
- Press the number keypad to select the food option, weight and/or quantity.
- Press START to begin the cycle
NOTE: Custom options and quantity will vary by model number. Check your Use and Care Guide for specific custom options for your microwave.
- Press DEFROST.
- Press the number “1” keypad to select the Manual setting.
- Press the number keypads to enter the desired defrost time.
- Press START UPPER.
Tips for Defrosting in the Microwave
- Unwrap foods and remove lids (from fruit juice) before defrosting. Remove any metal twist-ties, and replace them with strings or elastic bands.
- If food is foil wrapped, remove foil and place it in a suitable container.
- Slit or pierce plastic pouches or packaging. Slit the skins, if any, of frozen food such as sausage.
- Bend plastic pouches of food to ensure even defrosting.
- Always underestimate defrosting time. If defrosted food is still icy in the center, return it to the microwave oven for more defrosting.
- The length of defrosting time varies according to how solidly the food is frozen.
- Shallow packages will defrost more quickly than deep blocks.
- Separate food pieces as soon as possible during or at the end of a cycle for more even defrosting.
- Foods left outside the freezer for more than 20 minutes or frozen ready-made food should not be defrosted using the Custom Defrost feature but should be defrosted manually.