Are the controls set correctly?
Refer to the Owner's Manual for specific information on setting the controls.
NOTE: If a spill occurs on the cooktop that allows liquids to seep inside the downdraft vent, you must turn the downdraft vent off immediately. It is possible to cause damage to the downdraft vent if water is allowed inside the downdraft vent while it is operating.
- Immediately turn off the downdraft vent at the speed control located on the right-hand side of the downdraft vent.
- Turn off the power supply to the downdraft vent at the circuit breaker box or fuse box.
- Allow plenty of time for the downdraft vent to dry naturally. Do not open the downdraft vent to remove the water.
- Refer to the Owner's Manual for specific information on setting the controls.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Have the grease filters just been cleaned or replaced?
If the retractable downdraft vent does not operate after clean filters have been installed:
Push the filter in as far as it will go. When the filter is removed, the microswitch behind the filter is inactivated. This feature will not allow the vent system to operate until the filter is properly installed.
Have you reset the power?
- Power the vent hood down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power vent hood up by turning on the circuit breaker(s).
- Verify the vent hood operates.