Humming or Fan Noise - Gas Double Oven Range
Fan or humming noise from the oven:
The oven is equipped with an automatic cooling fan that runs when the oven is in use and/or after a cycle completes.
It is normal:
- For the automatic cooling fan to run when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- To hear the automatic cooling fan move air when the oven is in use and/or cycle completes.
The automatic cooling fan:
- It helps to cool the enclosed oven cavity and the electronic controls when the oven is in use and/or after the cycle completes.
- Keeps the electronic controls cool during every oven function such as BAKE, BROIL or CLEAN.
Is the convection fan operating/running during both non-convection and convection cycles?
It is normal operation for the convection fan:
- To operate during preheat for both non-convection and convection functions.
- Turn off when the oven door is opened.
The convection fan will come on approximately five (5) minutes into an oven function on all Gas convection models:
- During preheat or when a convection cycle is selected.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.