How to Use Sabbath Mode on Range or Oven
How do I use the Sabbath Mode Feature on my Jenn-Air Appliance?
The Sabbath Mode sets the oven to remain on in a bake setting until the feature is turned off.
- When the Sabbath Mode is set, only the Bake cycle will operate.
- All other cooking and cleaning cycles are disabled.
- No tones will sound, and the display(s) will not indicate temperature changes.
- When the oven door is opened or closed, the oven light will not turn on or off and the heating elements will not turn on or off immediately.
Modes and features during Sabbath Mode:
If you want to use any of the modes and features listed below, they must be turned on prior to setting/enabling Sabbath Mode:
- Oven light - Oven light status will remain in the state they were in before entering Sabbath Mode
- The oven light will not respond to the (Oven Light) key or the door position switches.
- The warming drawer (select models) must be turned on before starting Sabbath Mode. Once in Sabbath Mode the Warming Drawer settings cannot be changed.
- The Warming Zone (select models) must be activated before starting Sabbath Mode. Once in Sabbath Mode, the Warming Zone settings cannot be changed.
- Cook top elements/burners may be operated during Sabbath Mode.
Modes or features disabled while in Sabbath Mode:
- 12 Hour Shutoff
- All tones and chimes
- All cooking and cleaning modes except for Bake (main cavity and warming drawer).
- Cooktop Lockout (if applicable)
- Energy Save (Select Models)
- All keys are disabled except for:
- START, CANCEL or OFF
- Warming Zone ON/Off (Select Models)
- Warming Drawer Cancel (Select Models)
How to turn on Sabbath Mode?
Entering and exiting Sabbath Mode will vary depending on your model. Below are a couple of common methods for entering this function, but refer to your Owner's Manual for specific information for your model.
- Press the Tools/Clock button
- Press the 7 key - You should see "Sabbath Mode On"
- Select the Lower oven to start a Bake cycle and press Start
- Select the Upper oven to start a Bake cycle and press Start
- Press the Tools/Clock Tab
- Press the 7 key - You should now see 5Ab on the display
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.