The filters may need to be cleaned when:
- Visible objects or soils are on the Upper Filter Assembly.
- There is degradation in cleaning performance (soils still present on dishes).
- Dishes feel gritty to the touch.
Your dishwasher has the latest technology in dishwasher filtration. This triple filtration system minimizes sound and optimizes water and energy conservation while providing optimal cleaning performance. Maintenance of your filters regularly will sustain peak cleaning performance. We suggest you clean both your upper and lower filters and rinse under running water at least once a month.
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to dishwasher, do not operate your dishwasher without filters properly installed. Be sure the lower filter is securely in place and upper filter assembly is locked into place. If the upper assembly turns freely, it is not locked into place.
Cleaning the Filter
- Turn the upper filter assembly ¼ turn counterclockwise and lift out.
- Separate the upper filter assembly by gently pulling apart.
- Rinse filter under running water until most soils are removed. If you have hard-to-remove soils or calcium deposits from hard water, a soft brush may be required.
- Resinstall the filter.
IMPORTANT: Do not use a wire brush, scouring pad, etc., as they may damage the filters