Is the power supply connected correctly?
Make sure the power cord is plugged into a 3 prong outlet. A 115 Volt, 60 Hz., AC only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your freezer is provided.
- Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp, or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
Has the check circuit breaker or household fuse blown or tripped?
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet has tripped. If so, reset the circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt.
- If the refrigerator is on a fuse box, check to see if a fuse has blown and replace it, if necessary. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
Is the Freezer turned "On"?
If the Freezer is not cooling properly, check to make sure the Freezer is turned on. The Freezer could also accidentally be turned off during routine cleaning.
Is the column in showroom or demo mode?
This mode is used when the refrigerator or freezer is on display, in a retail store, or if you want to turn the cooling off and deactivate all other functions except interior lighting. In this mode the control panel will respond to most commands, but will not execute them. If you unintentionally turn on Showroom mode, the word “Showroom” will light up on the display.
To turn showroom mode on/off: Press and Hold "Top Zone" and "Jenn-Air logo for 3 seconds
Has a large amount of food or beverages been added?
Adding a large amount of food or beverages warms the freezer. It can take several hours for the temperature to stabilize after adding a large quantity of warm items.
Was the freezer recently Installed?
If the freezer was recently installed check the following items:
- Allow 24 hours for the freezer to reach proper temperatures
- Check to make sure the freezer door is sealing properly; removing any missed packaging material or rearranging bins are needed
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.