How to clean the ice scoop and holder
Remove, clean and replace the ice scoop and ice scoop holder
- On some models, the ice scoop holder is located in the upper left of the unit, and on other models, the ice scoop holder is located in the lower left of the unit. On Some models, remove the holder by lifting up on the ice scoop holder and then out.
- After removing the ice scoop, remove the holder by removing the two thumbscrews.
- Wash the ice scoop holder along with the other interior components as directed below in Step 1.
- Replace the ice scoop holder by replacing the thumbscrews or on some models, pushing in on the holder and then down.
How to clean the interior components
- Wash the interior components, storage bin, door gasket, ice scoop and ice scoop holder with mild soap or detergent and warm water.
- Rinse in clean water.
- Clean the same parts with a solution of one tablespoon (15 mL) of household bleach in one gallon (3.8 L) of warm water.
- Thoroughly rinse again in clean water.
NOTE: Do not remove hoses. Do not wash plastic parts in the dishwasher. They cannot withstand temperatures above 145°F (63°C).
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.