Does the Water Filter Need to be Replaced?
Does your Jenn-Air Refrigerator Water Filter need to be Replaced?
It is recommended that the Jenn-Air water filter be replaced every 6 months, when the indicator light comes on, or as needed. A clogged or incorrectly installed water filter can reduce the water flow to the ice maker and dispenser and could cause one or more of the following:
- Ice cubes to be thin or hollow
- Odd-tasting ice or water
- Low ice production
- Ice maker is not producing any ice
- Measure fill not working correctly
- Not dispensing any water
- Water dispensing slowly
- Odd tasting water
How to Check the Water Filter
If the refrigerator has a water dispenser, check for a problem with the filter by doing the following:
- Dispense water using the water dispenser and note the amount of water flow.
- Remove the filter. The filter is located either in the base grille below the refrigerator compartment door or inside the refrigerator compartment.
- Dispense water with the filter removed. If the water flow noticeably increases, the filter is either clogged or incorrectly installed. A clogged filter will need to be replaced to correct the low flow.
If the filter is clogged and you are not able to immediately replace it, leave the filter out so the water system is in bypass mode. With the filter removed, the water system will continue to operate, bypassing the filter, and the clogged filter will not cause slow water dispensing or low ice production. However, to have filtered water, you will need to install a new filter.
REMINDER: Make sure you flush the system after replacing your water filter. Air in the water lines can cause the water dispenser to drip. Flush the water system to remove the air in the water lines. Flushing the system is needed every time the filter is changed or once the refrigerator is hooked up to the water supply line for the first time.
Do more with fresh, filtered water
Our convenient water filters reduce contaminants to provide refreshing hydration and limitless inspiration—right from your refrigerator. To purchase an EveryDropTM water filter, visit your local retailer or visit EveryDrop online.