Are the controls set correctly for the surrounding conditions?
Temperature controls are preset at the factory to the "mid setting" which should be correct for normal household use. The controls are set correctly when beverages are as cold as you would like.
- If you need to adjust the temperature, wait at least 24 hours between adjustments and then recheck the temperature.
- To make the Refrigerator colder, adjust the control to the next higher setting. To make the Refrigerator less cold, adjust the control to the next lower setting.
- Repeat this process until the desired temperature is reached
NOTE: Since control panels vary by Refrigerator type, please see your Use and Care Guide for specific information on your model.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Are the air vents blocked?
In order to ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for proper air flow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cool air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations.
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that there is nothing blocking the air flow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease.Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
- Items placed directly in the air flow from the freezer compartment to the refrigerator compartment may freeze. Do not place temperature sensitive items, such as eggs and liquids, in these areas.
CLICK HERE for additional information on air flow
Has a large amount of food or beverages been added to the refrigerator?
Adding a large amount of food or beverages warms the refrigerator or freezer. It can take several hours for the refrigerator temperature to stabilize after adding a large quantity of warm items.
Is the room temperature hotter than normal?
The motor will run longer under warm conditions. At normal room temperatures, your motor will run about 40% to 80% of the time. Under warmer conditions, expect it to run even more of the time. Do not install in a location where the temperature will fall below 55°F (13°C).
Was the refrigerator recently Installed?
If the refrigerator was recently installed check the following items:
- Allow 24 hours for the freezer to reach proper temperatures
- Check to make sure the freezer door is sealing properly; removing any missed packaging material or rearranging bins are needed
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.