Are the controls set correctly for the surrounding conditions?
You may need to adjust the controls to a warmer setting to accommodate the surrounding conditions. After adjusting the controls check the area again in 24 hours. Controls are preset at the factory for normal household usage. If refrigerator is being used accordingly, ensure that control is still set at the recommended factory settings; 37 degrees Fahrenheit for the refrigerator and 0 degrees Fahrenheit for the freezer. Refer to the Use & Care Guide for settings.
Are the air vents blocked?
In order to ensure proper temperature, you need to allow room for proper air flow between the freezer and refrigerator compartments. Cool air enters and exits the refrigerator compartment from the freezer compartment through vents. Depending on your model, these vents are in different locations. If the freezer vent is blocked, cold air will be trapped in the freezer and the freezer might be too cold.
- Locate the vents in both the freezer and refrigerator compartments and ensure that there is nothing blocking the air flow.
- If vents are blocked, airflow will decrease.Temperature and moisture issues may arise due to blocked vents.
CLICK HERE for additional information on air flow
Is the ice maker turned on?
Verify that the ice maker is turned on. If the water supply is not connected to water supply line turn the ice maker off.
If the ice maker remains on and not connected to water supply the following could potentially happen:
- The ice maker will continue to try to make ice, causing a buzzing sound
- The refrigerator section to may be too cold
- Freezer section may be too cold
- The food in the crisper drawers may freeze
CLICK HERE for more information on how to turn the ice maker on
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.