To Turn the Cooktop/Vent Light On/Off (varies by model):
The Cooktop/Vent Light has two (2) settings: High, Low, or three (3) settings: High, Medium, Low and both types have an Off setting.
Touch Light pad once for High, twice for Low, or once for High, twice for Medium, three times for Low; press again to turn off the light.
Refer to the Use & Care Guide for detailed instructions.
Is the Light Timer turned on (on certain models)?
The Cooktop/Vent Light can be set to turn on and off at certain times.
- Touch Options or Setup control to reach the “Light Timer” submenu, and set the Light On Time and Light Off Time in hours and minutes with A.M. or P.M.
NOTE: The Cooktop/Vent Light Timer will only operate in the 12 hour time format. Touching the Light Pad will over-ride the Light Timer.
Has the light bulb failed? On some models
The Cooktop/Vent Light bulb is located on the underside of the microwave oven, and is replaceable.
IMPORTANT: Use only an incandescent light bulb as a replacement. Do not use an LED light bulb, unless directed by your Use and Care Guide.
NOTE: There may be one (1) or two (2) bulbs depending on model.
- To Remove the Light Bulb:
- Remove bulb cover screw, and open the bulb cover.
- Remove bulb.
- Replace bulb, close bulb cover, and secure with screw.
- To remove LED board IN THE USE AND CARE GUIDE
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.
Refer to the Use and Care Guide for detailed bulb replacement instructions.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Has the circuit breaker tripped or a fuse blown?
Reset power to the product:
- Power unit down by turning off the circuit breaker(s) for one (1) minute.
- Power unit up by turning on the circuit breaker(s) or replacing the fuse.
- Verify microwave operation.
- Monitor the microwave for one (1) minute to ensure proper operation.
NOTE: Do not continue to attempt to operate the microwave if the circuit breaker or fuse opens again. Disconnect power cord, turn off circuit breaker, or remove the fuse that controls the appliance.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.