Is the power supply connected correctly?
Make sure the power cord is plugged into a 3 prong outlet. A 115 Volt, 60 Hz., AC only 15- or 20-amp fused, grounded electrical supply is required.
- It is recommended that a separate circuit serving only your refrigerator is provided.
- Use an outlet that cannot be turned off by a switch.
- Do not use an extension cord.
- Check the outlet. If you are unaware if it's working, plug in a household lamp, or other small appliance to verify that the outlet is working.
- Check to see if a household circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlet has tripped. If so, reset the circuit breaker or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt.
- If the refrigerator is on a fuse box, check to see if a fuse has blown and replace it, if necessary. If the problem continues, call an electrician.
Is the light turned off ?
There are a couple of different lighting methods, depending on model. Please click on the link below to see how to turn the lights on.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to turn the lights on.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Does the light bulb need to be replaced?
Most new models are equipped with LED lighting and the bulbs do not need to be replaced. If your model currently has a traditional light bulb, please click on the link below.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to replace the light bulb.
Still need help?
In the event you need service, please call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) to arrange for an authorized servicer to perform repairs.