Manual / 192 Method
Connect Your Jenn-Air Appliance with a Laptop or Tablet
To connect the appliance, you will need the following:
- The Smart Appliance ID (SAID) located on the SAID label NOTE: The SAID label is located on the lower right of the front side panel.
- The Appliance MAC (Media Access Control) address, located on the SAID label.
- A laptop or tablet, with an internet browser.
- The ability to position yourself and your computer or tablet close to the appliance.
- You will need a 2.4 GHz network that is WPA2 encrypted. As well as a router or extender will need to be within 30 feet of the appliance.
Step by Step Directions for Connecting:
- Using your laptop, smartphone, or tablet, navigate to your WiFi network settings and connect the device to your WiFi.
- Turn the Mode Knob and Temperature Knob to the WiFi position.
- Wait for the start light to blink. Press the "Start Button" until you see the WiFi symbol is blinking.
- Using your laptop, smartphone, or tablet, look in your WiFi network settings. Look under other networks for a network with the Appliance MAC address in the name …._88_E7_12_……….
- Select the WiFi network of your appliance that your connecting.
- You will be prompted to enter a passphrase. Enter the last ten letters/numbers of your appliance SAID (should start with a three or a 4, Upper case only) NOTE: The SAID label is located on the lower right of the front side panel, and characters need to be entered in all caps.
- Your laptop, smartphone or tablet will then connect to the appliance network (it may or may not say the internet may not be available, but this is ok).
- Once the appliance is connected to your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Open a web browser window. Enter the following in the URL line at the top of the page 192.168.10.1
- The web page should load with your appliance's information. NOTE: Some browser settings may inhibit this page from loading. Start over from step 1, and when reaching step 7, open a different browser than was previously used.
- Scroll down the page to an image that looks like a router and select your home WiFi network name from the pull-down list of local networks.
- When prompted, enter your home router passphrase. (Case Sensitive).
- Select "Go" or arrow symbol- at this point, the appliance will disconnect from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet and attempt to connect to your home router.
- It may take up to two minutes for the appliance to connect to your home network. During this connection process, the Whirlpool appliance WiFi symbol will flash in a faster sequence and then go solid when connected. If the WiFi symbol does not change to solid and times out, the unit has not connected.
- If not connected start this process over from step 1 and ensure that your passphrase was entered correctly for your WiFi Network (Case Sensitive).
- Log in to the Jenn-Air mobile app and "Add appliance," Skip through the connecting process steps since we have just completed these steps.
NOTE: If you have tried to connect the appliance multiple times and having trouble try Deprovisioning the appliance. CLICK HERE for instructions.
Still can't connect, try one of these alternative connection methods.
Scan to Connect
Scan to connect gives users the ability to connect their appliance by scanning a QR code on the appliance.
CLICK HERE to learn more information
WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier.
CLICK HERE to learn more
NOTE: If you have been attempting to connect the appliance multiple times and having trouble try Deprovisioning the appliance. CLICK HERE to see how to Deprovision.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.
Need additional help?
If you need additional help with your connected appliances please contact us at .