Is your smart device connected to WiFi?
Make sure your mobile device is connected to your 2.4GHz WiFi network before connecting and registering your appliance in the mobile app.
What if I have a Mesh Network or Band Steering Network?
Try these steps:
- Sometimes while connecting the appliance with the different connection methods, the mobile device will jump networks.
- Navigate to your WiFi settings on your phone and connect to your network. Make the appliance beacon (send a WiFi signal) Watch in other networks for the appliance mac address to be broadcasting under other networks. If the mac address does not show up in the listing walk around in your home to get the mobile device to jump to the 2.4GHz network, at which point the appliance will show in other networks. Or you can try to turn WiFi off and then back on.
- Once the appliance appears in other networks, log in to the mobile app and walk through the steps of Scan to connect.
- If you're still having trouble, you may need to separate your networks so that you can connect directly to the 2.4GHz network. Contact your Internet provider on how to divide your networks. NOTE mesh networks can not be separated.
NOTE: The Mac address for the appliance will not appear in the listing of available networks unless your mobile device is connected to your 2.4 network. Moving around during this connection process could interrupt the process resulting in an error message.
What do I do if I get an "Unable to Connect" error message?
If you have received an "Unable to Connect" error message while trying to connect your appliance, it means your machine failed to connect to your home router. The appliance may have already assigned an IP address to your router.
CLICK HERE to learn how to deprovision the appliance. Then make sure the mobile device is connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi network and try to connect again.
What do I do if I get a "Connection Error" error message?
If using "Scan to Connect" and received a "Connection Error" Error Message, it means your appliance failed to connect to the Jenn-Air cloud.
- Make sure you're connected to your 2.4GHz network on your mobile device.
- Log out of the mobile app.
- Log back into the mobile app.
- Try the "Scan to Connect" method again.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Interested in purchasing an Extended Service Plan?
Please click below to learn more on how you can save up to 25% on New Appliance Extended Service Plans within 30 days of your appliance purchase.