Jenn-Air Dishwasher Dispenser is Not Opening
The dishwasher detergent door should open automatically to release the detergent at the appropriate time in the cycle. If the door is not opening, there are several things to check to determine why:
Are items blocking the dispenser?
If dishes, utensils, or dishwasher racks are blocking the detergent dispenser door, the dispenser door may not open. This can happen when the dishwasher is not loaded properly. Make sure water action can fully reach the dispenser.
CLICK HERE for more information on proper loading of your dishwasher
Is the detergent old or clumped (when using powdered detergent)?
Older detergent, exposed to air, will clump and not dissolve well, which causes the dispenser door to stick to the detergent. Replace detergent if necessary.
The following information applies whether using powdered, gel, or pacs:
- Use fresh dishwasher detergents only.
- Never use less than one tablespoon per load.
- Heavy soil and/or hard water generally require extra detergent.
- Store detergent in a cool, dry area.
- If using detergent pacs or pods, use only one pac per load. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for pac use.
Does the dispenser need to be replaced?
If your dispenser or rinse aid door no longer works properly, a replacement kit is available. The part number for your dishwasher will be based on your model number.
This part can be ordered at our Purchase Genuine Parts site.